Updated November 19, 2020
Match Meeting Guidelines: In person Visits
For matches that have been meeting in person over the last couple of months, thank you for doing your best to meet outdoors. The weather is starting to get colder, and while we ask that you continue to try to meet outside whenever possible to ensure the utmost safety for all, we know that this will become more difficult.
You may choose not to carry on with in-person visits – and that’s perfectly fine – but if you do, we have updated our in-person match guidelines to keep you safe when you meet indoors. It is essential that you follow these guidelines every time you meet with each other.
- If you have not signed a waiver and submitted it to your mentoring coordinator, you are not permitted to meet in person. This applies to both the Big and Little.
- If you are meeting outdoors, try to stay 2 metres apart and wear masks when this is not possible.
- If you are meeting indoors, wear masks at all times and try to stay 2 metres apart.
- No matter where you are meeting, you are required to:
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands often.
- Avoid activities that require shared use of equipment and food.
- Avoid areas that have a large number of people.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw used tissues into a plastic-lined garbage can and clean your hands.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces including your vehicle.
- Visit and play outdoors as much as possible.
- Complete the Covid pre-visit checklist to ensure it is safe to meet. This applies to both the Big and Little